Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thought for the Week of August 1rst 2011

A friend of mine saw a sign in front of a church not long ago that read... "If you think it's Hot Here, Think about where the sinners go"

I can't help but be disappointed when I see those kind of references to the wonderful gift that God gave us through His death on the cross.  I also wonder why a church would want to attract members motivate by fear of going to hell. To me it's not a lot different than advertising for a haunted house. "Come in and Be Scared". How about come in and be loved?  I'm so lucky to be a part of a church that believes in sharing God's love as the first rule of order.

we choose to live in God's grace. Living in fear of death and judgment can't lead to realizing your full potential on this earth, which is what we should be striving towards. I believe heaven on earth is here and now

It's simple. "Love one another"  appears over and over in scripture teachings. Sometimes it's not so easy, sometimes we may not even love ourselves. God's promise to us is that He will always love all of his creation, but especially will unconditionally love his children.

Do you need to be loved on and loved up? I know I do!! Come join us and share the love!!!

1 comment:

  1. Scotty - - Very cool blog. Keep up the good work. Rod

    ReplyDelete