Life is a struggle sometimes. You know you are doing everything right, and the best that you can, but sometimes it just seems that no matter how hard you try, things just won't go the way you want them to or think they should.
No healthy person enjoys drama and crisis in relationships.
There is a reason or a cause for things being out of whack.
I've grown to recognize those dark times when I'm out of balance as a sign to do some serious introspection to figure out what it is inside me that is causing the friction. The only thing I can change is me, so I've finally learned that's where I should start. Spiritual growing pain symptoms usually include some frustration, and sometimes anxiety. This one is a biggie.. or as my dear departed Granny Honey used to say, this one is a doozie!!
I have some old thing that happened long ago, that I have been forced to pull from my past and re-examine. Some things that caused me a lot of pain, and I really never completely forgave that person.
I was surprised when I "found" this old scar was what was causing my anxiety now so many years later. I realized that I still needed some closure, and have begun working on a strategy to get that closure.
I was reminded that holding a grudge, or having negative feelings toward anyone is the same logic as drinking a bottle of poison, and expecting the other person to get sick.. it just doesn't work that way..
I believe that anything that gets between you and being in perfect connection with God is the Satan.
Don't let the Satan win. Choose God. And yes it takes some effort, focused work, and maybe even a little pain.
No healthy person enjoys drama and crisis in relationships.
There is a reason or a cause for things being out of whack.
I've grown to recognize those dark times when I'm out of balance as a sign to do some serious introspection to figure out what it is inside me that is causing the friction. The only thing I can change is me, so I've finally learned that's where I should start. Spiritual growing pain symptoms usually include some frustration, and sometimes anxiety. This one is a biggie.. or as my dear departed Granny Honey used to say, this one is a doozie!!
I have some old thing that happened long ago, that I have been forced to pull from my past and re-examine. Some things that caused me a lot of pain, and I really never completely forgave that person.
I was surprised when I "found" this old scar was what was causing my anxiety now so many years later. I realized that I still needed some closure, and have begun working on a strategy to get that closure.
I was reminded that holding a grudge, or having negative feelings toward anyone is the same logic as drinking a bottle of poison, and expecting the other person to get sick.. it just doesn't work that way..
I believe that anything that gets between you and being in perfect connection with God is the Satan.
Don't let the Satan win. Choose God. And yes it takes some effort, focused work, and maybe even a little pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment