Monday, June 25, 2012

Thought for the Week of June 25, 2012

"Comfort Zone"

.."yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." ~James 4:14

"What's holding your back?" Said my mentor, friend, and confidant. "What are you afraid of?" he continued. "Come on man, you don't want to be one of the meek, scared people in this world that never learn to push themselves, then live a life full of regrets do you?" That was enough for me to re-set my resolve, and continue without giving fear a foothold in my mind. I never will forget that conversation, and remember that moment as the day I took responsibility for my successes and failures, finally realizing it was my choice, and only my choice to make.

I have found myself avoiding things that would take me out of my comfort zone several times in my life, sometimes I still do, but for different reasons than the fear of the unknown. Of course we all have to balance risk and return, weigh the positive and the negative outcomes, but I can't tell you how often I let my mind create a justification for not doing something, then later wishing I had summoned the courage to move forward. When I look at life from the perspective of being "a mist that appears for a little time.." I recall the old saying of "Who's going to care in a hundred years". With faith in God, and an ear in tune with the Holy Spirit, courage to move forward with what is presented, is not nearly as hard to choose.

Choose to let God's love shine through you this week. Tell someone what you love about him or her today. Take that chance; you may be surprised at the return.

Peace and Grace!!


Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment