"Balance Part II"
Passion and conviction have at times caused my purpose to become a little less clear than I would prefer. When I feel strongly about an idea, I have to remember to breath, and remain centered in peace. Sometimes I fail. When I don't fail, the exchange of thoughts and ideas flow without or at least with less tension. Coming from a place of balance, grace and peace helps to create an open and more accepting reception to what might otherwise be a contentious exchange.
Our ego demands that we be "the winner". In reality, both parties growing in relationship and understanding, is the best result, and the closer path to re-presenting Christ.
When I was young, I remember a former boss saying she did not like my attitude. I didn't understand, because we had minimal conversation. Emotional energy was something that I was just beginning to understand.
Having balance in verbal and non- verbal communications is how perceptions are created related to "who" we are, and what value we have to the people we interact with on a daily basis. It's hard if not impossible to hide emotional energy from those perceptive enough to recognize the whole person, yet some people are oblivious, as I once was, to that existence. I once read somewhere that non-verbal communication is 80% responsible for the successful exchange of information.
Being open and hospitable, even vulnerable to everyone with whom we come in contact, is a conscious choice and is not sometimes our natural ego driven pre-disposition.
Be mindful of your whole presence. It's not hard to offer a smile, or a kind gesture. Try it and see if your day doesn't go just a little better. I had a discussion with a friend about Karma, and even though it’s an “Eastern” philosophy, it makes sense to me. Just like most things in life, whatever you put out there, is what you get back. That philosophy makes me mindful and very thankful for God’s grace. J
“And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.”
~2 Corinthians 12:9 New American Standard Version
Peace and Grace!!!
Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment